Friday, February 12, 2010

Potty Time

So it's finally that time - potty time! Ben is very proud of his pull-ups that we started using at school this week. (Yes, we are aware of the mixed feedback on pull-ups but we figured we'd try them out for a little bit).




(All of these pictures were so cute I couldn't pick just one)

I on the other hand am not that excited about potty training. Changing diapers isn't so bad. It's better than scrubbing pee out of the carpet. It's much easier than trying to get Ben away from the potty once he's decided to set up camp there, repeatedly wiping and throwing toilet paper in the potty, lifing the lid and seat up and down over and over. I don't particularly enjoy that so much.
We've been changing diapers for so long that it's hard to even fathom that we won't have to do it forever. The idea of Ben being completely potty trained is somewhat fantastical to me at this point. But if the dog can do it so can he, right?

4 comments:

Jen E. said...

haha. I can relate to this, we are in the same process right now! I have not been excited at all about it for the reasons you listed. But, it's going well now that she is ready. I'm so glad to hear Ben is adjusting well too!! Good luck!!

Eliza said...

That's great, Susan! I DREADED potty training Kaden, mostly for that inevitable moment when you have a grocery cart full of food and are at the back of the store and the little one has to pee NOW! I'm happy to say it went much better than expected. Ben is getting so big!

Anonymous said...

So proud of him and he looks proud of himself!

Love,
Grammy

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh Susan, he is getting so big. He's such the little man...awww. The "I'm sorry Mommy I'm sorry" is just precious. We need a Ben day in the office soon!