Friday, February 19, 2010

Dance, Mommy!

Ben is saying and doing the cutest things these days. Here is a random assortment of vignettes, or Benettes as I like to call them, though that's kind of girly. Maybe we should go with a southern interpretation: Benyets.

As always, he still loves to dance. But now he also loves telling us to dance: "Dance, Mommy! Dance, Daddy!" he says (a bit bossily if you ask me) while pointing at us and dancing around in circles. Super cute. Current favorite dance songs include "Red Robin" and, as always, "That's Not My Name." He also likes "If You're Happy and You Know It." When dancing to this song he always puts his fingers on his cheeks during the "your face will surely show it" part.

About 5 or 6 times a day Ben will run up to me, give me a hug, and say "I love you Mommy." It is the best thing ever. Last weekend, when we went to visit my parents I gave Ben some cheese for a snack. When I wouldn't give him anymore and left the room he went over to my Mom and said "I love you, Nana" several times, hoping she wouldn't be able to resist his 2-year-old charms.

Ben also tries to hug Mortimer and tell him he loves him, but Mortimer isn't as fond of Ben hugs as I am. Mortimer does let Ben pet him while saying "It's a nice doggie."

Last week Ben was eating lunch and having a bit of a dialogue with his food. His goldfish had apparently commited some offense and he told them "Not nice!" and then hugged his juice cup and said "I sorry, juicee."

Ben still likes trying to hit me sometimes when he doesn't get his way, but he then immediately hugs me (not unlike the juice cup incident above) and says "I sorry, Mommy. I sorry."

One of Ben's current favorite tricks for getting out of any situation he doesn't want to be in (e.g., a restaurant high chair, especially a restaurant high chair) he looks at me and says "I made poopy, Mommy, I made poopy," when he has not in fact made a poopy. This trick was very effective the first couple of times he tried it, but now I'm on to him.

Ben was very excited by the recent snow and loved yelling "Snow! It's white!" while inside the house. He didn't like going out in it so much. That may have been due to the multiple layers of clothing he was required to wear.

Please note that I wasn't purposely going for a conehead look.

1 comment:

Jen E. said...

haha! funny how he tells you to dance! i love that. Alison can be somewhat of a bossy boss too at times, it's still cute though isnt it? (at least at this age!)