Last week Harold and I were discussing the possibility of going out for ice cream to celebrate the first day of summer. Because Ben is a very big fan of ice cream, I spelled it out because I knew that if I said the words "ice cream" there would be no going back. Ben doesn't just want ice cream, he NEEDS it as he frequently tells me. So I didn't want him to get wind of this possibility on the off chance that it didn't work out.
Anyhow, as I was spelling "ice cream," Ben yelled "It's called B-E-N guys!"
Ben has been aware that his name is spelled B-e-n for some time now, not that he really has any clue what that actually means. But he heard letters, so he quickly jumped in to correct my spelling, as apparently letters exist only to spell his name, not other words. I am not sure where he got this solipsism from - was it S-u-s-a-n or H-a-r-o-l-d?
4 comments:
hehe, cute :)
and thumbs up to the ice cream..i have a little one that lives for the stuff too! (ONLY if it is chocolate or has chocolate in it, though)
too cute!
well you better hope no one says ice cream while we are down there!
We must have ice cream at Thanksgiving! I can make some home made banana split if you would like!
Grammy
Post a Comment