Ben loves and adores Curious George, and he loves and adores him in a variety of media formats. We watch "Curious George" on PBS and we read Curious George books repeatedly. We have been celebrating Christmas with Curious George and his friend the man with the yellow hat for about 5 months now. We often join George on visits to the museum and the aquarium. When I heard that Curious George Live! was coming to Greensboro I knew we had to be there.

The show did not disappoint. Ben was mesmerized for the entire first act. He was completely silent and barely moved the entire time, never taking his eyes from the stage. After the intermission, he loosened up enough to start talking about George's whereabouts, as he was very concerned every time George left the stage.
Not only was this Ben's first musical, it was also the first time he ate nearly an entire bag of popcorn by himself.

I couldn't resist buying the Curious George balloon. They were ridiculously priced ($5!) but when the man came out holding dozens of them and I saw all the parents and kids lining up to buy them, I couldn't resist. Ben didn't even ask for one but I succumbed to indirect peer pressure and bought the balloon. Who can resist George? But of course I left it at my parents' house so we didn't get to enjoy it for long. Fortunately my sister and niece who went to the show with us bought Ben one of those things that spins around and lights up. We didn't forget to take that home with us, so we still have a nice souvenir.

On another note, here is a photo of Harold & Ben from our recent trip to the NC zoo. Personally I am not a huge fan of zoos as they are usually hot and smelly, but we went on a springlike day in February so that helped a lot. Ben had a blast. He liked seeing the animals, but mostly he just liked running around the zoo the entire time we were there. There were endless paths and stairs to explore. He was also very excited to see the "reindeer" (i.e., elk) pictured below.
It certainly looks like a reindeer to me.
2 comments:
Sounds like Ben has been having a blast! What a fun age ;)
Goodness, you have been busy! How lucky Ben is to have parents that take him places and expose him to so many different things! When he is old enough for Disney World, I would like to go too! Poor Harold never got to go, he was so deprived! I have never been either. Give him a hug from Grammy.
Love to you all
Post a Comment