Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Summer Stock

We've had a very busy summer, filled with lots of toddler-loving activities designed to exhaust our little energizer toddler.
Despite my fear of birds, we've spent lots of time at Lake Lynn feeding the ducks. Particularly a little Ben-duck. A great deal of time has also been spent preventing Ben from either getting his head stuck in the rails or falling into the lake.

We've also made quite a few trips to the Observation Park at the airport. Ben and I love to watch the planes go up, up, up, though Harold finds this activity to be incredibly boring. It may be related to his aversion to air travel in general. We almost always run into someone we know. as the airport is a pretty popular Mom/toddler hangout. It's a great thing to do on Sunday afternoons when it's not too hot.


A lot of our time has been spent at various parks around Raleigh. We go to a park almost every evening due to the mosquito-infested jungle in which our house is situated.
We haven't been to every park in Raleigh yet, but we have identified a couple of favorites that have great equipment and that aren't too crowded.
So far Ben isn't a fan of the really big slides, though he did succumb to some peer pressure and go down the big slide a couple of times when he saw a 2 year old do it. It's very important to impress the older kids.



5 comments:

Madeline said...

What a busy boy! Seeing the picture of Ben's head "in" the rails made me laugh :) How I miss Lake Lynn.

brown.com said...

glad i could inspire the update - (maybe it wasn't me, but I will continue to think it was). He is super cute!!

Amy said...

Great pics! You're a trooper to brave the heat at all those parks. Damon took Sam to the observation park for the first time a couple of weeks ago and said it was cool. Hopefully we can see you guys soon -- I've been a big procrastinator on the music class (I'm trying to figure out how many we would end up missing and if I can justify the cost).

Jen E. said...

The observation park at the airport sounds like fun! Wish we had something like that here! And, I love your writing style..always with humor..always makes me laugh. :)

Anonymous said...

The pictures are so great, of course having a great subject doesn't hurt! He is so cute, anyone can tell he is a wonderful child just by his loving smile!