Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ben's Birthday Bash

So this is a very belated post about Ben's first birthday party. It was a blast, but I was so busy chasing Ben around that I didn't take very many photos of the big day.

We had a house full of kids, parents, and toys. Ben received some really awesome birthday presents. In fact, we had to get some of them out of the box immediately to satisfy the kiddie demand.


When I was growing up my Mom always made me really elaborate birthday cakes, so I decided that for Ben's first birthday I would try to do the same for him. Alas, the results were not quite as good as what my Mom can do. Ben's first birthday cake will hereafter be known as The Funky Dinosaur. (Now I just need to make up a dance to go with that title...)


Ben enjoyed eating the icing off the top of the cake, but he wasn't too excited about the cake itself. Like his Mom, he prefers chocolate (or perhaps it's just that he prefers yellow cakes baked by others).

Before I knew it the party was over and not only had I taken hardly any photos of his one and only first birthday party, I had also managed to forget to put out the baby-specific food items (puffs, cheerios, etc) and forgotten to give most of the guests their party favors before they left. I guess I can't keep chalking my forgetfulness up to having recently given birth now that Ben has reached the one year mark. My apologies to our guests. Hopefully your babies did not starve at the party. Your party favor, a cd from a local kids band called The Sandbox , will be arriving in your mailbox shortly.

But apart from those minor snafus, we had a great time. Especially Ben - I don't think he sat down for more than 5 minutes during the whole party. He slept very well that night!

We are so grateful for all our wonderful friends and family who made the party so much fun. I'm already thinking about next year!

3 comments:

Madeline said...

Awww...glad Ben had a wonderful party! And Mom, you did a great job! The kids looked like they were having a blast and your cake was great!

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful party, and as you said Ben had a wonderful time (I think it's pretty safe to say that all the kids did). You can safely say that you passed.

Livia said...

It was a great party... and we LOVE the Sandbox, it's awesome!