Thursday, July 10, 2008

Atlanta Recap

We survived our Atlanta trip. I kept my anxiety in check by calling to check in every 3-4 hours (what I considered to be a pretty reasonable timeframe). My Mom didn't even have to unplug the phone. We had a great time, even though I didn't quite make it to all my old hang outs. But I did sleep soundly, and I am already fondly recalling what it was like to sleep for those 9 uninterrupted hours each night.

I don't think Ben missed us at all. He was entertained at all hours of the day (and night as it turned out) by his Nana, Papa, Aunt Teresa, Sydney, Megan, and various other extended family members. He especially seemed to enjoy hanging out with Papa, as Papa took Ben on his first tractor ride.

Apparently Ben had a little trouble sleeping, as he would wake up in the middle of the night and freak out because he didn't know where he was (I guess he freaks out in the middle of the night at home because he does know where he is). So Teresa and the girls hung out with him from 2-3am each night until he went back to sleep.

The other reason he may have had trouble sleeping is that his first tooth arrived on the scene over the weekend. I think he may be in the process of sprouting another one, as he continues to drool voluminously and he is a little fussier and clingier than usual. But who knows, he may just find me boring after being around so many other people.
Regardless, it seems like teething is an interminable process. I know it will end some day, but I hope major, multi-day fussiness episodes do not accompany each tooth. Because that would be about 20 episodes too many (and yes, I actually had to look up how many baby teeth he will acquire).
It's just too bad that baby drool doesn't have anti-aging properties because my face and hands are covered in it every day.

No comments: