This is classic Harold, and I can think of no better way of celebrating Harold's first Father's Day (though, alas, it is the day after) than by sharing this anecdote. The only thing that will make Harold's future Father's Days even happier is that Ben will be able to share a cheeseburger with him.
Monday, June 16, 2008
There Will Always Be Cheeseburgers
A couple of months ago I eavesdropped on a conversation Harold had with Ben as he changed Ben's diaper. Harold was busy telling Ben all about the world and how different it would be by the time Ben was our age, when he said that he wanted Ben to know that no matter how much the world might change, there would always be one constant. I got a little sentimental, thinking how sweet it was that Harold was going to tell Ben how much he would always love him. But what he said was: there will always be cheeseburgers.
This is classic Harold, and I can think of no better way of celebrating Harold's first Father's Day (though, alas, it is the day after) than by sharing this anecdote. The only thing that will make Harold's future Father's Days even happier is that Ben will be able to share a cheeseburger with him.

This is classic Harold, and I can think of no better way of celebrating Harold's first Father's Day (though, alas, it is the day after) than by sharing this anecdote. The only thing that will make Harold's future Father's Days even happier is that Ben will be able to share a cheeseburger with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment